Break's ended, work's started again, so far so good. Trip was actually pretty good, except I developed a nasty flu on the second night which worsened all the way till I came back, went to see a doc, got antibiotics & 2 days medical leave frm work (yes!). Plus, we got caught in the middle of one of Japan's worst typhoons in years, during our stay in Kyoto, which stole the clear blue sky & warmth away from us (a huge pity since the picturesque hills, forests & serene temples would have looked even more stunning in good weather). Oh wells.
Tokyo is just like any major capital city; worse than European ones actually since there isn't anything significantly unique or stunning to see (but way above in terms of hygiene and service- well, everyone probably already knows that by now) so it's no mind-boggling matter that we took a day trip out to Mt Fuji & lake district area for sightseeing. An awesome choice because Lake Kawaguchi is amazing, and it's only 1 out of 5-6 lakes surrounding Mt Fuji. Cycling around the lake for hours while soaking up the warmth & gentle breeze (but cold air in the evening) on an empty stomach and non-stop coughing due to the flu was quite an experience. Sigh. Traveling to wonderful places while on long breaks are such a joy and precious to me. I really do enjoy traveling, even though I'm not a really that great a traveler since I tend to always develop some ailment (nausea, migraine, constipation etc.) or fall ill but who cares. These are experiences in a lifetime and a great way to escape the claustrophobic, senseless, dull, monotonous and fast-changing-till-I-can-hardly-recognize-city-because-of-the-non-stop-invasion-of-foreigners place which I call home. If I wasn't such a creature of comfort and had a family here, I probably would have left for some other country. Or if I could afford taking a few years off to live & study somewhere else.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment