Friday, October 5, 2012

Culminating into flu!

So the last couple of weeks have been a complete blur where I was focused on nothing but getting through all my school assignments, clearing stuff at work, doing my counseling practicum and attending school. I was initially really looking forward to the end of September because it was when I would officially stop working and could finally concentrate on my studies. However, I don't know how and why (might be because of the difficulties my employers were facing trying to hire someone to replace me or could be my lack of energy to think properly etc.) but I ended up agreeing to stay on till mid November as a part-timer. Not exactly a wise decision upon deeper reflection because from now till mid November, both work work and school work's just gonna increase and stay heavy but I guess I'll really be doing my work partner and my kids a big favor and that's what's most important. And switching to part-time beginning this week has made me feel less stressed and more focused + energized especially during night classes (previously I was just struggling to stay awake after a super long day at work). Anyway, all the weeks of stress and rush and lack of rest had finally boiled over into a bad flu but I'm actually glad that the flu only came when I started on my part-time work and when my previous major school assignment was completed on Monday...and when there is no counseling practicum this week! Thank goodness or the flu would just have resulted in work spilling over to the next week and so on. For now, it's just getting lots of much needed rest, sleep and some fun and relaxed time these few days before I start working on school assignments and work related reports again next week. I just can't wait for 16th Nov!!

No comments:

Post a Comment